Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I baked a whole bone in ham in Sunday.  Slow cooked ham is always good, with any side dish you add to it , in my opinion.

Problem is, there is always lots of left over ham.  I freeze some of the slices for sandwiches later on, and it also gives me plenty of extra meat to make my homemade ham salad for quick lunches, and snacks.

Here is the easy recipe.  I have been making it this way for 5 years, and my family loves it.  Hope you give it a try.

It has a smoky flavor, with tang from the pickles, and a little sweetness to finish.

Chop the meat with a knife into small pieces.  (I remove most of the fat, and the skin from the baked ham.) You will need about 2 Cups chopped.


 Chop about 1 Cup hamburger dill slices finely, and add to the meat.

Add 1/8 tsp. liquid smoke, 1/4 tsp of the pickle juice from the jar, 1 Heaping TB Hellman's Mayonnaise, and 1 Heaping TB Miracle Whip Salad Dressing.  You can't see the liquid smoke, or pickle juice; but it is in here.


Mix to coat the meat, and pickles with the dressing using a fork.  If it seems a little dry, you can add a few more drops of the pickle juice.


Hope your family likes this as well as mine does.  It gets eaten pretty quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment