Monday, August 24, 2015

VALENTINES DAY DOOR GREETER CHERUB

I wanted to design a new Cupid Valentine door hanger. He evolved as I went along, like other dolls I have done in the past, and moved along pretty quickly.

Then the finishing touches for the naked cherub. I added the quilted wings, and was not pleased with the way they blended in with the color of his body.  So, I thought , I'll add a cheesecloth wrap to them to bring them out by adding more dimension.  Viola, I loved it instantly.

Next , the hair.  I was really stuck now.  I have done angels with whole clove spices attached to the head for hair. No  I wanted this to be unique to this pattern I was offering.  How about peppercorns?  I tried that, too. Not pleased with that, either.

So off I went to the supply drawer in my craft room.  I found some curly jute I had ordered a while back.  Eureka!  This was what Cupid needed.




I am pleased with the way it all turned out.
As  I added the curls to his head, the poem...There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead.... came to mind. Even though he was Cupid,not a female, he needed a curl in the middle of his forehead.

Funny, when I was young, My hair was always naturally curly, and I disliked it very much!  Always wanted poker straight hair I could part in the middle, and let swing like those shampoo commercials.  Once I got older, I realized how lucky I may have been, and who knows, maybe it inspired me to add some curls to my newest creation? 


I hope you find inspiration in everything around you.  Pull out some old memories, and relive the joy in them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment